Advanced Microsoft Project for Construction
When: September 5th & 6th, 2017
Time: 8:30am -4:30pm
Where: GVCA – 25 Sheldon Drive, Cambridge
Cost: $800 +HST per member, $850+HST per non-member
This course is accredited for (2) Gold Seal Credits
1. Use MS Project for better communication with site, trades, within your company and with customers.
2. Transfer your years of experience and the information you have to new hires.
3. Standardize Project Plans to facilitate communication and make project documents and Gantt Charts easier to read
4. Create a Master Template to streamline the project planning and project tracking processes.
5. Industry best practises for planning and tracking of projects. Save time by creating As-Builts’ as you go along. At the end of the project and in the event of claims or disputes, the records are complete.
6. Change Management and documentation of change orders.
7. Resource Management – Equipment, Subcontractors, Trades, Crews – creating updated work calendars.
8. Utilize Resource options to create ‘Look-Ahead’ reports and check lists for site supervisors.
9. Using early warning systems such as Earned Value, Cash Flow and other costing reports to identify problems early in the process to get the project back on track.
Learn to streamline project tracking. Create the As-Builts’ as you go along and reap the benefits of an improved PM process. Enable better communications between managers, site and subs. Have accurate records of what is going on onsite at all times. Be able to anticipate the effects of changes. Use the tools in MS Project to easily communicate these changes. Produce the reports and graphs at the press of a button.