Excel For Construction (Advanced)
When: June 20th 2017
Time: 8:30am -4:30pm
Where: GVCA – 25 Sheldon Drive, Cambridge
Cost: $300 +HST per member, $350+HST per non-member
This course is accredited for (1) Gold Seal Credit
Cost tracking, job tracking, production rates, schedules, estimates: If you would like to create spreadsheets to make this work easy and consistent, then this course is for you. Learn to create spreadsheets for cost tracking, calculating production rates and creating estimates. We will show you how to create spreadsheets that can be used by co-workers and that are robust and secure.
Is running or analyzing a business or individual jobs important for you? We will demonstrate tools to help you better calculate your business metrics, profitability of jobs, plan budgets and examine business scenarios all through the use of Microsoft Excel. This advanced level course will give you a better comprehension of how to analyze data to create what-if scenarios (what if conditions changes…. how will these affect the cost of the job).
– Learn how to create simple Gantt charts and timelines in Excel.
– We will show you how to use Excel with other programs to quickly and easily make presentation materials from spreadsheets containing estimates and schedules.
– Discover the capacity to manipulate and analyze information (via pivot tables) to create management analysis reports.
– Project Cost Estimation
Industry Best Practices for Creating Professional Estimates
Developing “what if” analysis for project plans
– Scheduling using Gantt Charts – File Security
Creation of estimating and job costing forms
– Analyzing Data
Analyze multiple scenarios using filters, pivot tables and data validation
– Project Bidding
Incorporating Excel spreadsheets in other documents
Linking and Automatic Updates
– Expense Tracking
– Analyzing Budgets and Business Metrics