Who We Are
In 1974, the Guelph Construction Association, and the Kitchener Waterloo Construction Association amalgamated to form the Grand Valley Construction Association. It was a brilliant idea. The counties of Brant, Dufferin, Grey Wellington, the Judicial districts of Norfolk , Haldimand and the Regional Municipality of Waterloo were growing at a tremendous rate. The name Grand Valley Construction Association is representative of the geographic area the Association served at the time of the amalgamation based on the jurisdictions as set out by the collective agreements as the time. Since that time, the GVCA has grown to not only serve the geographic area as listed, but also includes all industry stakeholders who either buy, bid, or service the Industrial, Commercial Institutional sector of the construction industry throughout Ontario.
GVCA is a mixed trade Construction with members representing General Contractors, Sub Contractors, Consultants, Procurement professionals, Facilities Management, Manufacturers and suppliers and Allied Services.
GVCA exists to serve the construction industry. We are here to advocate on behalf of our members on issues that impact the industry locally, provincially and federally. GVCA is an active member of the Canadian Construction Association ( CCA) and the Council of Ontario Construction Associations’ ( COCA)
Our staff are well versed on
- CCA and CCDC Construction Contract Documents
- Project information from conceptual stage through our Crystal Ball Report, to the bidding stage through Bestbidz , our e plansroom, to bid results.
- Legislative requirements, health and safety, and best practices for doing business in the construction industry.
GVCA is here to help you win business, solve your problems, and as a resource on all things construction related.
Our Mission stands on three pillars: We:
- Build Awareness by facilitating interaction with industry-related advocacy groups and stakeholders
- Build Business by providing members with access to various resources and services to identify and advance opportunities
- Build Careers by providing access to and facilitation of career development
When you become a GVCA Member, you immediately receive all kinds of important and valuable benefits, such as:
- access to our online plansroom
- invitations to join and sponsor our fabulous social events
- discounted rates on education programs and safety training courses
- member rates on industry-standard construction guides, forms and documents
- affidavit and commissioner of oaths services
- listings in the annual memberships and trade directory
- exposure in the biannual Building Excellence Awards
- discounted rates on products and services offered by our affinity partners
But that’s not all. Many benefits are less tangible, such as access to knowledgeable staff who are trained to assist in all kinds of ways that are unique to our industry, opportunities to offer insight and opinions into key advocacy issues that shape our local, provincial and national industries, and participation in a community of like-minded people who share a passion for not only working in the industry but also in helping to make it better.
What are you waiting for? Join our community of more than 600 members from all walks of the industry. Sign up here on MY GVCA.
Questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 519-622-4822